Support Services for Veterans Families
SSVF uses a “housing first” approach in assisting Veterans in Logan, Boone and Wyoming Counties with a range of supportive services designed to promote housing stability and prevent homelessness.The focus is on housing stability, not treatment, with an emphasis on crisis intervention and client self-sufficiency. The program uses proven, cost-effective models to serve tens of thousands of homeless veterans and their families by either preventing their homelessness from occurring in the first place, or quickly moving them out of homelessness and into sustainable housing.
Purpose of Program:
- focuses on securing and maintaining housing
- provide temporary assistance and services to help participants gain housing stability
- serves veterans who are currently homeless or would be homeless without this assistance
- promote self-sufficiency
Supportive Services Available:
- Outreach services
- Case management services
- Assist participants in obtaining VA benefits
- Assist participants in obtaining and coordinating the provision of other public benefits provided by Federal, State, or local agencies, or any eligible entity in the area, which may include: health care services; fiduciary and payee services; daily living services; legal services; personal financial planning services; child care services; transportation services and housing counseling services
- Provide time-limited payments to third parties (e.g., landlords, utility companies, moving companies, and licensed child care providers) if these payments help Veteran families stay in or acquire permanent housing on a sustainable basis
Applicants must meet all criteria below:
- Veterans may be single or part of a family in which the head of the household, or spouse, is a Veteran. Discharge status must be under conditions other than dishonorable.
- Very Low-Income making less than 50% of the area median income (AMI).
- Currently residing in permanent housing and at risk of losing housing and becoming literally homeless but for SSVF assistance or Currently homeless, scheduled to become a resident of permanent housing within 90 days pending the location of permanent housing or Has exited permanent housing within the previous 90 days in order to seek housing that better fits with income capabilities, needs and preferences.
304-752-6868 ext 310
Director of Community Services
SSVF Counties Served