Weatherization Assistance Program
This program reduces the energy costs of low-income families, particularly for the elderly, people with disabilities and children, by improving the energy efficiency of their homes while ensuring their health and safety.
Weatherization Mission Statement:
“To reduce energy costs for low-income families, particularly for the elderly, people with disabilities, and children, by improving the energy efficiency of their homes while ensuring their health and safety.”
Weatherization Program Facts:
- Since the inception of the Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP), over 7.4 million homes have been weatherized with Department of Energy funds.
- Weatherization saves low-income families an average of $250 to $450 per year in heating, cooling and electric costs, depending on their housing type, location, and fuel source.
- For every $1 invested in the program, WAP returns $2.51 to households and society.
- WAP helps the country reduce its dependence on foreign oil and reduce carbon emissions.
- Many thousands of local, supply-side American businesses and contractors are supported by WAP.
- WAP provides the marketplace for innovation in the residential energy efficiency industry and supports the growth of related businesses.
304-752-6868 ext. 346
304-752-6868 ext. 380
Emergency Repair and Replace Program (ERRP)
304-752-6868 ext. 335
WX Counties Served